Wednesday, August 26, 2009

2 for 2

Ava was very Blessed this year, for she had 2 parties to celebrate her 2nd Birthday! All of Chad's family was in town due to the wedding, so we were able to arrange another excuse to all get together.

She received several adorable outfits, however, by the end she was just throwing them to the side in search of toys. It was really quite funny.

Funny story about Ava's "happy" cake. We arranged to pick it up at the Wal*Mart bakery after hours. We stuck it in the bottom of the cart so Miss Ava wouldn't destroy it for she insists on sitting in the big part of the cart now. We were also picking up additional lunch items and Chad placed buns on top of the cake box. I said, "are you sure those won't smash the cake?" His famous last words, "nah, it'll be fine!"

Well, we get to the check out and he places everything on the counter, only to discover that the celophane window of the cake box had been broken and smashed into the top of the cake totally destroying the lettering. ;( It's 11pm on Saturday night, and no one is home in the bakery. I quickly go mute for I'm just too tired to deal with it and don't want to say something I'll regret. Chad feels completely terrible for he totally trashed his daughter's cake. He then sets off for the bakery, and Ava and I head to the car to watch a movie while we wait. Twenty minutes later Chad shows up with a fixed cake. He managed to find a store manager, who recruited three shelf stockers to help fix the cake. They wiped off the smeared writing, smoothed out the icing, and then covered it with more confetti to hide any additional imperfections. Daddy felt very triumphant and this was definitely customer service at its best!

Special thanks to Susy for the custom birthday outfit! As you can see she looked adorable!

Party girl all worn out!

2 comments:

  1. Great story, glad everything worked out!! LOVE Ava's shirt!! I also noticed Chad's shirt too - where did you find that one?? I mean, I'm sure Chad found it and bought it. So where would one find one???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the cute pics of Ava!!! Glad she had such a wonderful 2nd birthday.

    ReplyDelete